Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Marathon Du Slush, 2015


Marathon Du Slush
November 7, 2015, 8 am
Fort Collins, CO
"It's legit!"

The Recap:

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipNwiCizsdMLwIyktfVcTotN_2Bol2JUb7dXRyAw

A charming mid-Fall day in the Fort witnessed the beginning of a special tradition.  The First Marathon du Slush!  10 competitors toed the line on a crisp, sunny morning for the 8 am start.  7 completed the surprisingly challenging and leg-destroying course.  2 Brits half-assed their way through a self-proclaimed half marathon course.  And 1 participant inaugurated the "mystery k" Sherpa course.

The field started out in a bunch for the first 10 miles, with scant seconds separating first from last.  This began to change after the Whiskey aid station at miles 10, when Mike and Sarah broke apart the field with a surge down the backside of Bingham Hill.  The remaining 5 marathon participants jockeyed for third on the Horsetooth Hills.  By the time the runners reached South Dam, Ryan and Emily and Alex had gapped Justin and Slush.  At the May Aid at mile 20-ish Justin and Slush caught up with Alex, and Justin made a late charge.  Slush and Alex plodded on through Spring Creek and Alex eventually surged past Slush, and then caught Justin as well.

Up at the front Sarah and Mike ran together with Mike graciously granting Sarah the overall at the nose.  Emily entertained thoughts of catching Sarah but ended up settling for a podium spot some 8 minutes off the pace.  Ryan cruised in comfortably under the 4 hour barrier, with Alex, Justin, and Slush all sauntering in a bit over the 4 hour mark and in the case of Slush, complaining loudly, and wondering why he thought this was a good idea.

All agreed that the course was tough, and that including south dam and its attendant hill was "totally unnecessary" and "not at all appropriate".  But there are no plans to change the route.

In the half-marathon division a couple of Brits ran around for a bit and then wandered off for a pint and a bowl mushy pees.

And in the mystery k division Chris Roberts took the crown, and took a bunch of jackets and hats back to the start/finish, so that's pretty legit as well.

Will this become an annual thing?  Stay tuned!

The Results:
Runner Time Place
Marathon    
Sarah Omann 3:34:22 1
Michael Hinterberg 3:34:22 2
Emily Warner 3:42:06 3
Ryan Quinnelly 3:47:07 4
Alex May 4:11:04 5
Justin Liddle 4:14:10 6
Scott Slusher 4:21:19 7
Half Marathon
Ruth Waller-Liddle 1:44:21 1
The Nick Clark 1:44:22 2
?k
Chris Roberts ?? 1

the route:
http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/905919199

the map:















The entrants:
-------------------
Slush Pup
MAH
Alex MayDay
Q
Emily Airheart
Marie-Hélène Far-running
Justin a Liddle farther to go
Twiglet
Jomann

FAQs:
Q: I couldn’t find any particulars on the gel brands you will be stocking at the aid stations… 
  A: Uh, that's aid STATION, not stations.
Q: Also, what assorted corral/wave starts will there be, 
 A: The runners should thin themselves out by dodging traffic on Shields at mile 0.1
Q: and what about gear check?  
 A: Just put everything with Maggie Mae 
Q: Chip timing, or chronotrack?  
 A: I'm trying to get Pete to sit on the porch all morning and yell at you when you finish.
Q: Finally, is there a live app where all my family and friends can follow my progress?
 A: No but they can check out my band's YouTube channel all morning, that's pretty cool.
Q: Is there a wheelchair division? 
 A: Wheelchairs will be available after the race.
Q: A relay division? 
 A: never.
Q: Will the shirts be technical or cotton, and are they gender-specific? 
  A: thick, absorbent cotton
Q: what time is the race expo tomorrow?
  A: 7:37 - 7:38 pm

The Passion:


11 comments:

  1. Can we start our own half marathon division?

    ReplyDelete
  2. After much reconsideration we decided to acknowledge the half and make it a featured event next year! 2 entries and 2 finishers/winners- Twiglet and TNC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have decided to name the half marathon Swashbuckling Tour de Brit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Fatal Familial Insomnia ,Dupuytren's disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease..You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete
  6. All thanks to this great herbal doctor who cured me from (LUPUS DISEASE) his name is dr imoloa.  I suffered lupus disease for over 8 years with pains like: joints, Skin rash,  Pain in the chest,  swollen joints and many more.  The anti-inflammatory drugs couldn’t cure me, until I read about his recommendation. 2 months ago, I contacted him through his email address. drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com . and he sent me the herbal treatment through DHL courier service and he instructed me on how to drink it for good two weeks. after then,  And I was confirmed cured and free at the hospital after taken his powerful herbal medications You too can be cured with it if interested, he also uses his powerful herbal healing medicine to cure disease like:parkison disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy,  Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease,  Back Pain,  Back Sprain,   Bipolar Disorder,  Brain Tumour,  Malignant,  Bruxism, Bulimia,  Cervical Disk Disease, cardiovascular disease, Neoplasms,  chronic respiratory disease,  mental and behavioural disorder,  Cystic  Fibrosis,  Hypertension, Diabetes, asthma,  Inflammatory autoimmune-mediated arthritis.  chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, back pain,  impotence,  feta  alcohol spectrum,  Dysthymic Disorder,   Eczema, skin cancer,  tuberculosis,  Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel  disease, bone cancer, lungs cancer,  mouth ulcer,  mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis A.B.C.,   syphilis,  diarrhea,  HIV/AIDS,  Huntington's Disease,  back acne,  Chronic renal failure,   addison disease,  Chronic Pain,   Crohn's  Disease,   Cystic Fibrosis,  Fibromyalgia,   Inflammatory Bowel Disease,  fungal  nail disease, Lyme Disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major  Depression,  Malignant Melanoma,   Mania,  Melorheostosis,   Meniere's  Disease,  Mucopolysaccharidosis , Multiple Sclerosis,  Muscular  Dystrophy,  Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer's Disease      Contacts him today  and get permanently cure. contact him via... email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com  /whatssapp-+2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never give up in life they all said there is no cure for HIV VIRUS,which is a big lie I have passed through many processes. Also, I never believed there is really a cure to Hiv/AIDS until I met Dr.James. The doctor that have been helping people for many years, I come across this doctor online when I was searching for HIV permanent cure online I found out about Dr.James, and to my greatest surprise Dr.James have the herbal medicine for HIV cure which I have been looking for years I explained my problems to him through the email I found on someone who testified about Dr.James herbal mix write me a reply and explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 4 days and I took it according to the way Dr.James instructed me, I was very happy after 21 days I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I went for a test, I found out I am negative that was the day I have the tears of joy after all i have been through.you can also get in contact with my doctor through his email now... Drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com... And He also has herbs medicine to cure the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis B, Diabetes, HPV infections,ulcer,Nephrotic syndrome,Infertility. He is a good man and is going to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a testimony that I will tell everyone in the world. i have been married for 4 years and on the fifth year of my marriage, another woman had a spell to take my lover away from me and my husband left me and the kids and we have suffered for 2 years until i meant a post where this man Zuma Zuk have helped someone and i decided to give him a try to help me bring my love Husband home and believe me i just send my picture to him and that of my husband and after 48 hours as he have told me after doing everything he asked me to do, i saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids and that is why i am happy to make everyone of you in similar case to meet with this man and have your marriage fixed His email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com whatsapp him on this +15068001647..... thank so much Zuma Zuk.

    ReplyDelete